Monday, April 23, 2007

The Woman Curse

Last week I condensed the last chapter in Ruby Slippers into one short article. It's been published online at Radiant Magazine entitled "The Curse of Eden".

I love the purple flower graphic they've put above the article, falling, drooping. It's a good way to show how it often feels here, living east of Eden--not at full strength, undernourished, cut off from life, harried, frazzled. I felt like that last weekend, sick with a cold, constantly aware of my raw throat.

In our weakened state, Christ said "I am the true vine, my Father is the vinedresser." It would help me to remember that this morning.

"Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me. Jesus is the vine, I am the branch, the blossom connected to his source of nutients, water, energy, passion. If I abides in him and he in me, I bears much fruit, for apart from him I can do nothing" (Jn 15:1-5).

Without Jesus I am cut off from life. The reverse is also true, with Jesus, I can do much, much more than I dared believe possible.

No comments: